||The Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary: English-German, German-English
Based on the highly acclaimed Oxford-Duden German Dictionary, recommended by academics, professionals, and students across the world, this dictionary provides learners at intermediate level with an authoritative guide to German and English in a concise and easy-access format.
* Over 150,000 words and phrases and over 250,000 translations
* Incorporates the recent German spelling reforms, with changes signalled throughout
* Detailed in-text boxes group together expressions and word patterns from essential language fields such as nationalities, jobs, addresses, greetings, asking for directions
* An entirely new thematic wordfinder covers all the essential vocabulary in key topics required by the regional exam boards and is specially designed as a reference section for writing
* Includes a new guide to email and the Internet
This new edition incorporates the recent German spelling reforms. Changes in spelling are signalled at entry level. With over 150,000 words and phrases and 250,000 translations, this dictionary provides coverage of general, scientific, technical and literary vocabulary, based on the British National Corpus, Oxford's collection of written and spoken language. This major new edition includes thousands of new expressions such as alcopop, dataglove, emoticon, road rage, chatten, Datenautobahn, Suchmaschine, zappen. There is extended treatment of specific vocabulary areas: detailed in-text boxes cover topics such as nationalities, jobs, addresses, greetings, asking for directions and apologizing, giving extensive extra help with usage, constructions and choosing vocabulary. Also new to this edition is a guide to e-mail and the Internet which offers a gateway to language and culture in the German-speaking world. There is also a thematic wordfinder which brings together the essential vocabulary from a broad range of subject areas including the environment, society, business and industry, communication, media and the arts.